[asterisk-users] q: which Browser-GUI do u guys use?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jul 8 14:12:34 CDT 2009

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, tom wrote:

None. I'm a command line weenie.

) GUIs don't let you annotate your changes -- who did what (or what they
thought they were doing), when, and why.

) GUIs don't support any sort of "versioning."

) GUIs don't support any sort of configuration rollback.

All of these are essential when something that used to work suddenly
doesn't. (Sometimes, client's don't notice something isn't working for
months -- way beyond my short term memory.)

I'm sure I could come up with dozens more, these were just the first 3.
(Probably not even the most important 3.)

Oh. Here's 1 more -- GUIs impede truly understanding a system.

--
Thanks in advance,