[asterisk-users] Caller ID (name) - where does it come from?

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:13:50 CDT 2009

p.s.
Once you've got a reliable CNAM source, you can save a few bucks per month on all of your POTS lines & PRI spans by opting out of the carrier-provided CNAM.
IIRC, We save something like $40 per month per span on our PRI's & $3 per month per line by opting out of CNAM.  When a call comes in we populate it ourselves using a quick HTTP GET.

-Karl