[asterisk-users] Play a recorded message when a fax is detected ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:31:49 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm configuring a system so that end user can receive phone and calls using
the same extension and DID.
At the moment, fax are correctly detected but I'm trying to improve end user
experience.

Relevant dialplan (from extensions.ael) is :
        fax => {
                Verbose(0,Incoming fax from ${CALLERID(num)});
                FAXFILE="/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif";
                ReceiveFAX(${FAXFILE});
                HangUp();
        };

What I would to improve is when a fax is detected, instead of hanging up the
receiving extension, play a recorded message like "you're receiving a fax"
(if receiving end is human, or nothing at all if it's a voicemail).

What would you advise me to try ?

Regards