[asterisk-users] Some IAX calls do not disconnect.

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Jul 6 20:41:24 CDT 2009

----- "Steve Totaro" <stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com> wrote:
> Just use SIP and solve all your problems.

I seem to be noticing a common element to your posts about IAX. :-)

I've been successfully using IAX in a large scale environment with no problems... yet. Can you shed some light on the reasoning behind your obvious dislike of IAX2? It is supposed to be the 'killer' of SIP from a usability standpoint (NAT traversal is quick to my mind...). BUT, is it just not robust enough in your experience? Are there inherent problems with the protocol itself? Is this changing now that IAX2 has it's own RFC? Is it the implementation within Asterisk that is the problem? I'm very interested to to know where your disdain comes from. :-)

Thanks Steve!

--Tim