[asterisk-users] Asterisk capacity

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jul 6 11:00:18 CDT 2009

Un-top-posting...

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Philipp Kempgen wrote:

> Mind to share the formula? Wait. Got it. Bogomips/2. Why on earth isn't
> that documented?! ;)

Because your formula is incomplete.

Bogocalls are a meaningless unit of measurement frequently applied to
imponderable questions posed by people who lack sufficient knowledge to
ask questions that can yield meaningful answers.

While a useful unit of measure in an "in-Prefect" world, you have to apply
the "per second" conversion factor by dividing the number of bogocalls by
237.5569 to get the number of "real-world" calls per second.

--
Thanks in advance,