[asterisk-users] SIP IP-Trunk to be authenticated based on username and password, not IP address

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 16:06:34 CDT 2009

Hi List;

How can one Asterisk Box A to send a SIP call for another Asterisk Box B, and that call to be authorized based on the username and password, and not on the IP (as the IP address of the source is not known because it keep changing)? I think the trick in the Dial command, how to write it properly in a way that other Asterisk Box can recognize the sip username and password which are existed in its sip.conf?

Anyone can advise me for the main needed thing to be done to acheive this?

By the way: I succeed to let Polycom SIP phone to place a call via Asterisk without registeration, and without setting the IP address also. But from Asterisk Box to another Asterisk Box, I can not until now. Any help?

Regards
Bilal