[asterisk-users] DAHDI

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jul 3 13:26:23 CDT 2009

At 12:33 AM 7/3/2009, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 08:15:37PM -0700, Ira wrote:
> > my DAHDI lines work with incoming calls, but I can't make an outgoing
> > call on a DAHDI line.
> >
> > The simplest line is:
> >     exten=> s,1, dial(DAHDI/1)
>
>Extra space?

Not in extensions.conf that I can see.

> > which says it can't create a DHADI channel and gives an unknown error 0.
>
>astertisk -rx 'dahdi show channels'

shows channels 1,2 and 4 all In Service with the proper contexts and
channel numbers

>cat /proc/dahdi/*

Shows 4 lines, 3 In use looking like:

1 WCTDM/4/0/ FXSKS (In use) (SWEC: MG2)

I thought it should be using HPEC as I have 4 licenses and that what
I set it to, but checking system.conf shows I need to change it. And
restarting now shows HPEC as it should.

1 WCTDM/4/0/ FXSKS (In use) (SWEC: HPEC)

> > Dahdi is using a TDM400 with 4 FXO modules. The messages at boot time
> > seem correct and "dahdi show channels" seems to indicate all three
> > dahdi channels I use are present and working.
>
>What happens if you call in first?

Now wonder it worked the first time I tested it.  Yes, if a call
comes in after a re-start it seems to work there after.

Thanks so much for helping.

Ira