[asterisk-users] Problem configuring TDM400

Mike asterisk-users at norgie.net
Fri Jul 3 05:58:51 CDT 2009

Folks,

I have a Xen Asterisk VM with a TDM400 card.  When I try to run
dahdi_cfg, I get:

tempest:~# dahdi_cfg -vvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.2.0

DAHDI Version: 2.2.0
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 04)

3 channels to configure.

DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)

The card appears to be detected:

tempest:~# lspci
00:00.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN
interface

I have the kernel modules loaded:

tempest:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
wctdm                  35024  0
dahdi                 185352  1 wctdm
crc_ccitt               2848  1 dahdi
autofs4                18500  0
ipv6                  236612  10
ext3                  106664  1
jbd                    43092  1 ext3
mbcache                 8260  1 ext3
dm_mirror              16288  0
dm_log                  9444  1 dm_mirror
dm_snapshot            15108  0
dm_mod                 47304  3 dm_mirror,dm_log,dm_snapshot
raid1                  19200  0
md_mod                 69180  1 raid1
thermal_sys            11624  0

[ 1327.030178] dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
[ 1327.030253] dahdi: Version: 2.2.0

I have Googled for this problem and found a lot of people reporting the
issue but nobody really having much of an answer!  I've seen the issue a
few times.  The strange thing is that I did have things working but then
I rebotoed the box and it seems to have given up.

I have a fairly straight forward DAHDI config file which has served me
perfectly well in the past.

tempest:~# cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Fri Jul  3 09:56:12 2009
# If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,
# your manual changes will be LOST.
# Dahdi Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg
#
# Global data

loadzone        = uk
defaultzone     = uk

fxoks=1
fxsks=3,4

I have tried only bringing up certain channels but that still fails.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Mike.