[asterisk-users] Dial

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jul 3 02:38:04 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 09:02:59PM -0700, Steve Edwards wrote:

> Access through the CLI (via -r -x) is problematic because you are subject
> to the whims of another process changing verbosity levels and you may have
> to sift through a lot of cruft as well as the overhead of invoking a
> process for each command.

I believe that this has changed in recent versions (recent 1.4 and
1.6.x).

> Access through ${astrundir}/asterisk.ctl would be interesting, especially
> if more than 1 process attempts access.

Each of them gets its own socket. Just like multiple 'asterisk -r'
connections. Use either socat or OpenBSD netcat (both support writing to
a unix-domain socket). This should work reasonably well if you just want
to write some commands but are not interested in their output.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com