[asterisk-users] Dial

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Jul 2 22:35:06 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Steve Edwards<asterisk.org at sedwards.com> wrote:
> Un-top-posting...

>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Visit voip-info.org and read up on AMI.
>
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Carlos Ruiz Diaz wrote:
>
>> AMI is what I used before and now I am looking for something better if
>> exists.
>
> You used AMI and then switched to call files? Why?
>
> What do you mean by "cancel?" Do you mean cancel the call you just
> originated?
>
> What event is going to trigger Asterisk to originate a call?
>
> What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve Edwards      sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
> Newline                                             Fax: +1-760-731-3000

AMI has historically been flaky under high load.

Not sure about these days, probably better, but once upon a time
pounding on the AMI would crash or just freeze a box, requiring a hard
reboot.  The machine would become totally unresponsive except to
pings.

Call files worked much better, but that is history, not sure if any of
it still applies, but call files work well.

A combination of both call files and AMI would be elaborate.

Maybe some kind of proggy that can interpret output and can issue
commands directly into the Asterisk CLI.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro