[asterisk-users] DAHDI

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Thu Jul 2 22:15:37 CDT 2009

I finally decided it's been long enough using my ancient HP junker
and I built a Atom 330 based machine to replace it. I've installed
Centos 5, Dahdi and Asterisk 1.6.2.

After a bit of struggles getting the 1.2 version files converted to
1.6 almost everything seems to be working.

All my SIP lines seem to work and calls come in as expected and all
my DAHDI lines work with incoming calls, but I can't make an outgoing
call on a DAHDI line.

The simplest line is:

    exten=> s,1, dial(DAHDI/1)

which says it can't create a DHADI channel and gives an unknown error 0.

As far as I can tell everything is OK, but clearly it's not and I
don't understand why incoming calls work and outgoing calls don't.

Dahdi is using a TDM400 with 4 FXO modules. The messages at boot time
seem correct and "dahdi show channels" seems to indicate all three
dahdi channels I use are present and working.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Ira