[asterisk-users] AGI Transfer?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Jul 2 13:54:20 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, J. G. wrote:

> I've been trying to get an AGI "transfer" to work for several weeks now.
> It isn't error-ing out, but it isn't working either.
>
> Does an AGI Transfer actually work?

Does executing the transfer application in an AGI using the AGI exec
command work? Yes.

I enabled "agi debug" (1.2) and this is what my console shows:

AGI Rx << exec transfer steve
     -- AGI Script Executing Application: (transfer) Options: (steve)
AGI Tx >> 200 result=0
     -- AGI Script null-agi completed, returning 0
     -- Executing Verbose("SIP/sp501-09834430", "1|TRANSFERSTATUS = SUCCESS") in new stack
  TRANSFERSTATUS = SUCCESS

Extension steve dialed my deskset. I answered and I had audio.

I did notice that (in 1.2) "result=0" and "TRANSFERSTATUS = SUCCESS"
regardless of the validity of the extension.

AGI Rx << exec transfer bogus
     -- AGI Script Executing Application: (transfer) Options: (bogus)
AGI Tx >> 200 result=0
     -- AGI Script null-agi completed, returning 0
     -- Executing Verbose("SIP/sp501-09834230", "1|TRANSFERSTATUS = SUCCESS") in new stack
  TRANSFERSTATUS = SUCCESS

Looking back at your original post back on June 24, you've omitted what
may be an important detail in this post. Then, you included the
"conversation" between Asterisk and your AGI. The following may shed some
light:

AGI Rx << EXEC transfer "SIP/101"

Any chance 101 is the SIP username instead of the extension in the current
context that will (eventually) dial the desired phone?

Thanks in advance,