[asterisk-users] g729a compatibility

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 08:11:35 CDT 2009

Hello Jeff,

Yes, I use G729 all the time.

Here is the SDP extrace from Wireshark.  I'll get more data as it
becomes available:

Session Description Protocol
            Session Description Protocol Version (v): 0
            Owner/Creator, Session Id (o): MG4000|2.0 49743 83164 IN
IP4 216.48.184.27
                Owner Username: MG4000|2.0
                Session ID: 49743
                Session Version: 83164
                Owner Network Type: IN
                Owner Address Type: IP4
                Owner Address: 216.48.184.27
            Session Name (s): -
            Connection Information (c): IN IP4 216.48.184.27
                Connection Network Type: IN
                Connection Address Type: IP4
                Connection Address: 216.48.184.27
            Time Description, active time (t): 0 0
                Session Start Time: 0
                Session Stop Time: 0
            Media Description, name and address (m): audio 25184
RTP/AVP 18 98 96 97 101 13
                Media Type: audio
                Media Port: 25184
                Media Proto: RTP/AVP
                Media Format: ITU-T G.729
                Media Format: 98
                Media Format: 96
                Media Format: 97
                Media Format: 101
                Media Format: Comfort noise
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:98 G.729a/8000
                Media Attribute Fieldname: rtpmap
                Media Format: 98
                MIME Type: G.729a
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:96 G.729ab/8000
                Media Attribute Fieldname: rtpmap
                Media Format: 96
                MIME Type: G.729ab
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:97 G.729b/8000
         Media Attribute Fieldname: rtpmap
                Media Format: 96
                MIME Type: G.729ab
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:97 G.729b/8000
                Media Attribute Fieldname: rtpmap
                Media Format: 97
                MIME Type: G.729b
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
                Media Attribute Fieldname: rtpmap
                Media Format: 101
                MIME Type: telephone-event
            Media Attribute (a): fmtp:101 0-15
                Media Attribute Fieldname: fmtp
                Media Format: 101 [telephone-event]
                Media format specific parameters: 0-15
            Media Attribute (a): fmtp:18 annexb=no
                Media Attribute Fieldname: fmtp
                Media Format: 18 [telephone-event]
                Media format specific parameters: annexb=no
            Media Attribute (a): ptime:20
                Media Attribute Fieldname: ptime
                Media Attribute Value: 20
            Media Attribute (a): rtpmap:13 CN/8000