[asterisk-users] g729a compatibility

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 2 07:53:52 CDT 2009

Elliot Murdock wrote:

> However, if that is the case, why is Asterisk sending back PCMU
> packets (instead of G729), which the device is not enabled for and
> subsequently, fails the call?
>
> Could the mapping be disabled or not properly mapping to the G729
> driver in a certain versions of Asterisk?

No. Unless you post the entire SDP, we're really guessing since you are
just giving us small bits of information. Based on what we've seen so
far, your device is offering codec 18 with no rtpmap, and also codec 98
with an rtpmap for a non-matching codec, which should be ignored.

The best thing for you to post at this point would be a 'sip debug on'
console trace of this INVITE being handled by Asterisk, so we can both
the entire SDP and the messages that Asterisk generates as it parses and
processes it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com