[asterisk-users] Testing the manager.conf: sending and receiving commands

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Jul 1 14:46:48 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 10:25 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Can I telnet to the asterisk machine at the port 5038 and send and receive commands to test if the manager is working fine?

Absolutely!

>  How?

1) Make sure manager is enabled in manager.conf (enabled=yes in
[general] section)

2) Create a manager user, and give that user permissions (see the sample
section in manager.conf named [mark])

3) Type "manager reload" from the Asterisk CLI

4) Telnet to port 5038, as shown below:

[jsmith at mybox ~]$ telnet localhost 5038
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Asterisk Call Manager/1.1