[asterisk-users] * as VM for legacy PBX?

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Wed Jul 1 12:02:27 CDT 2009

As others have said, this is certainly possible.  Our old NEC phone
system had us in the same boat. It "triggered" voicemail by ringing
the VM extension(s) and sending a DTMF burst of the extension to
record VM for within 1.5 seconds.  In our case, when any call came it
in went to the voicemail system to play the main menu and allow the
person to dial an extension.  With that we were able to move a small
set of "power users" to SIP phones for testing before we decided on a
final phone and moved the whole campus.

Daniel