[asterisk-users] CRMy type app?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:21:13 CDT 2009

On 01/07/09 16:29, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
>
>> On 29/06/09 18:26, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>>
>>> Looking for a (windows) app. that will listen to the manager interface
>>> then pop-up a web browser pointing to a page on an incoming phone call..
>>>
>>> Not looking for outlook integration, or outbound dialling, just to
>>> recognise an incoming call and poke a URL at a website in a browser and
>>> I've absolutely no idea how to do it in the MS windows world...
>>>
>>> Any clues appreciated.. (More pointing to an existing app. rather than how
>>> to write it myself!)
>>
>> Hi Gordon,
>>
>> Have you looked at ADM before? It might be suitable...
>>
>> http://adm.hamnett.org/
>
> I saw it - are you part of the team, or if not, then I hope someone from
> there is listening in...
>
> So I saw it, but you know what - the website didn't actually tell me what
> it does. I think it's great to have a bloggy/wordpressy/wiki sort of
> website, but the front page is lacking a missing "What does ADM do"
> paragraph or link to a page... Sure, there's screen shots, documentation,
> forums, etc. but if there was a single paragraph at the top that said
> exactly what it can do, then I'd have spent more time looking at it..
>
> I have now spent some time on the site, but since I've already tested ADAT
> and it does what I need, it'll take some persuading to make me change...

lol,

I'm not anything to do with it. My business partner is using it though.

It's a Java app (cross platform) that does the things you were looking for.

It does seem to work for him although I haven't tried it myself. I just
saw your post and thought it seemed to be a good fit.

 From an earlier blog post on his site:

ADM provides some great features:

     * Automatic on-call volume reduction
     * One click dial from clipboard (paste number onto tray icon)
     * Integrated phonebook
     * List/Redirect/Hangup all active calls
     * One click call forward setup
     * Bluetooth presence detection to redirect calls when you walk out
of the office
     * Pop up browser on incoming call (integrate with your CRM to auto
load customers details when they call)
     * Cisco phone integration (auto speakerphone)
     * Slide-in popup on incoming call, with Answer(cisco only), Hold,
Busy and Redirect buttons , CallerID and duration

Cheers

Al

PS - he's a Brit too.