No subject

Thu Jan 15 22:29:28 CST 2009

The cell companies are "doing it" like they think makes sense.
If they know your cell is off/out of range they route instantly to VM.
They could give "4-10 rings" of fake effort, but why.  With follow me
roaming and such, they want to process the call as fast as possible.

If they don't know if the cell is available, they may go through about 4
rings of searching, but beyond that it is time to send it to VM, charge =
for
the call :-), and move on.

Ideally, a "find me" call forwarding system should have a "real person"
identifier and local voice mail.  "Real person" means that all called
external numbers should not be assumed to be answered until they send =
back a
DTMF tone.

Something like a Background announcement with some silence, waiting for
DTMF. It could be a "Boing...." or "You have a forwarded call, press any =
key
to accept the call...."

Then the call should be cut through to that "extension".

Cary Fitch