[asterisk-users] Zapata.conf

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 11:37:11 CST 2009

Hi pals,

Pardon me if this question sound basic please. This is the first
installation where I have to use the analogue card and therefore a little
lusty. I have googled a lot, but though there is a lot of information about
the above file, none indicate where the file lives. I have a installed
asterisk and zaptel software on a fresh installation of CentOS 5. This all
from source and following closely the book Asterisk: the future of
telephony.

I am however to find zapata.conf. I have searched the whole system for the
name zapata, and none seem to materialize. I am currently interested to know
where it lives. Is it /etc/zapata.conf or /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf?

Some of the firmware needed also failed to load, or more precisely, the
computer was not in the network, so the firmware was not downloaded. I have
downloaded the said firmware manually, uncompressed it and placed it in the
firmware directory. The kernel still do not seem to see it. Here is the
error I am getting. How does one properly install firmware for the analogue
cards?

ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [APC2] enabled at IRQ 17
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:06.0[A] -> Link [APC2] -> GSI 17 (level, low) ->
IRQ 50
Port 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Port 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Port 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Port 4: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
VPM100: Not Present
VPMADT032: firmware zaptel-fw-vpmadt032.bin not available from userspace
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM410P (4 modules)
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).

Regards,

William