[asterisk-users] Asterisk VoiceMail: Is there a web interface for checking voicemail?

Soonthorn Ativanichayaphong soonthorn at yapinc.com
Fri Jan 30 11:11:52 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm very new to Asterisk. I tried VoiceMail() application. I'm able to
modify extensions.conf and voicemail.conf to send a voicemail audio file to
my email. It works great so far.

Now, I'm looking into publishing those voicemail files on a web page.
According to http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+VoiceMail, it mentions
that Asterisk VoiceMail supports "Web interface for checking of voicemail".
Does anyone know where I can find more information about this "Web interface
for checking of voicemail" feature?

If there is no such thing, what an alternative is?  Do you think writing my
own AGI script is the right way to go? Is there already an existing AGI
scripts or other things that I should install on top of Asterisk that
already do something like this?

Basically, I try to avoid writing a bunch of codes to retrieve voicemail
from my email and build a brand new voicemail web page. If there are
something I can reuse, I'd like to use them.

Thank you for your help.