[asterisk-users] Where to find db1_dump185 in debian packages ?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Jan 30 05:26:40 CST 2009

Olivier schrieb:
> Here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+database , you can read:
> "Also, since it's a normal Berkely db1 (version185) file its contents can be
> viewed/dumped with the standard *db1_dump185* tool. Thus db1_dump185 -p
> /var/lib/asterisk/astdb will show the complete database tree."
>
> Where can this db1_dump185 be found using Debian packages ?

db1_dump185 is not in any Debian package. Debian has db4.
db1 is for RedHat people only who install RPMs from untrusted
sources.  ;-)

You could either try to build that Perl module mentioned on the
page with /usr/src/asterisk-x.x.x/main/db1-ast or use

asterisk -rx 'database show'

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+database :
> From the source code of db.c:
> DB3 is licensed under Sleepycat Public License and is thus
> incompatible with GPL. To avoid having to make another exception
> (and complicate licensing even further) we elect to use DB1 which
> is BSD licensed

BTW the license looks somewhat ok at first sight:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/htdocs/licensing.html

   Philipp Kempgen

--
AMOOCON 2009, May 4-5, Rostock / Germany   ->  http://www.amoocon.de