[asterisk-users] howto configure an asterisk to send credentials in a REGISTER message to another asterisk

Brent Vrieze bvrieze at cimsoftware.com
Thu Jan 29 10:43:55 CST 2009

If you are connecting 2 Asterisk boxes and you are setting them both up
then use IAX (Intra Asterisk Exchange) instead of SIP.  IAX does not
pass off the packets to RTP and should fix some of the firewall problems
people get.  As far as credential passing I am unsure if it will help that.

So like mentioned below set up a connection in iax.conf on both ends.
There is a chapter in the O'Reily Asterisk the future of telephony book
that talks you through an Asterisk to Asterisk connection using IAX.

Is there a specific reason you want to use SIP/RTP?

Brent