[asterisk-users] howto configure an asterisk to send credentials in a REGISTER message to another asterisk

Imanol Pardavila imanol.pardavila at ibercom.com
Thu Jan 29 10:00:52 CST 2009

Hi,
I am trying to register an asterisk (Asterisk 1) against another one
(Asterisk 2). My problem is that the REGISTER message goes without
credentials and the Asterisk 2 send a 401 message to the Asterisk 1.
How can I configure Asterisk 1 to force it to send credentials? I have
tried setting Asterisk 2's IP in the "realm" field of Asterisk's 1
sip.conf, but it doesn`t work.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Regards