[asterisk-users] Callback / Camp / Extention Free notify?

Daniel Johnson dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au
Wed Jan 28 23:11:59 CST 2009

pdhales at optusnet.com.au wrote:

>> Daniel Johnson <dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> pdhales at optusnet.com.au wrote:
>>
>>> Funnily enough, most people install phones with BLF lamps, on install
>>>
>> something like hudlite/FOP/etc so you know if the person is on the phone
>> before you call them..
>>
>>> PaulH
>>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Yes I have seen these tools. However it is a manual process (simple, I
>> know) and is not close to being as user friendly as the feature we are
>> trying to achieve.
>>

> Do the phones you are using support BLF?
>
> PaulH

Yes, the more expensive ones do. The majority do not.
Linksys phones.

Its not so much knowing if the user is busy or not, its the ability to
be automatically notified once the user becomes available.

*Daniel Johnson*
Systems Administrator / Systems Development
Scanning Systems Australia

Scanning Systems Australia

*Office:* +61 7 3387 5555
*Facsimile:* +61 7 3387 5588
*E-mail:* dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au <mailto:dan.j at scanningsystems.com.au>
*Website:* http://www.scanningsystems.com.au

If you receive this email by mistake, please notify the sender and do
not make any use of the email. We do not waive any privilege,
confidentiality or copyright associated with it.