[asterisk-users] USA BRI -- any hope at all?

Jon Pounder jonp at inline.net
Wed Jan 28 09:40:01 CST 2009

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> I'm actually having trouble understanding what people would order BRI for
> over POTS lines.  The only thing I ever used ISDN for was net access, and
> it was trumped by DSL a decade ago.  Do you get some extra service with
> your 2B service over ordering two POTS lines?

YES !!!!

around here a business line with not many features is about $40/month,
2B is $88, but you get all the callerid, did functionality, cnid, hunt,
etc., but the big plus is you have a digital endpoint, so you take out 2
sets of a/d d/a conversion and the potential for distortion in the
analog line from your call path.

so you are getting all the a-la-carte features from analog included on a
digital line at a price that actually works out cheaper per circuit than
the analog if you need at least 2 of them, plus its digital. Let me say
that again just in case - plus its digital.