[asterisk-users] USA BRI -- any hope at all?

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:02:25 CST 2009

I wonder if BRI would have gotten traction if it offered PRI functionality
(DID's and aggregation of multiple spans).  Even TODAY I would drop many of
my sip trunks for such hypothetical BRI trunks for locations where a full
PRI is too much capacity.

That's the bane of the PRI:  "Welcome to Joe's coffee shop... Oh, I'm sorry
we only sell coffee in 40 gallon drums.  You have to buy a whole drum even
if you only want a cup--or a sip"

-Karl