[asterisk-users] RFC -- Improving the quality of the mailing lists

Robert Broyles robert at poornam.com
Tue Jan 27 11:13:29 CST 2009

> I think we'd be better off posting a regular FAQ, perhaps weekly, with some of
> these suggestions, as well as providing a link to that FAQ from the mailing
> list signup page, along with a STRONG suggestion to peruse the FAQ first.

I agree with this 100%
I'm still pretty new to the mailing lists myself. I don't consider
myself a novice Asterisk user, but one of my biggest 'complaints' is the
lack of a well documented FAQ or Manual for Asterisk. (Unless one is
willing to buy or read O'Reilly's Book - http://www.asteriskdocs.org -
which quickly will be outdated again.)  I have made it a personal aim to
document all my findings in a blog, so that it's at least searchable by
others through Google, in hopes that others might find it useful.

But if we had a REGULARLY updated FAQ/Manual ... I think that would
greatly cut down on the clutter posts.