[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 dahdi only?

Steve Gladden asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Tue Jan 27 09:45:03 CST 2009

New to Aserisk 1.6 and find the 'installation tutorials' seem low to non
existent.

You go to the main Asterisk page (digium.org) and really just old install
instructions for 1.2 are in the examples.

Download links only give you asterisk itself and not dahdi or libpri
which also are needed to run asterisk?
It's very confusing to anyone who is new.
Someone take notice! we need a link to instructions right of the main
asterisk page.

My 1st question is am I missing a good step-by step for 1.6 and how to
compile/install it along with it's side components (dahdi/libpri)?
when/if those side components are actually needed?
When would you run asterisk without them entirely?

2nd question is for an IP/SIP only system do I only need DAHDI or do I need
DAHDI and LIBPRI?

Is libpri only needed if interfacing to a pri?

Is 1.6 so cutting edge that I should not expect to find complete
documentation (yet)like I seem to be expecting very easily?

Thanks much!

Steve

believed to be clean.