[asterisk-users] Asterisk freezes with Fixup failed on channel SIP/...<MASQ>

Udo Schacht-Wiegand asterisk at wiegand.name
Tue Jan 27 05:56:02 CST 2009

Grygoriy,

> [...] A practice that was once described in the code comments as
> being "nasty".

thanks for your input. My knowledge of 'hard core' programming is limited,
so I cannot judge on what is written on freeswitch.org. Though it sounds
logical to me.

But as I said, this is on a production system and we have no way of
changing it. So the question is: What can we do to avoid the situation.

> One will often see 3 or 4 channels up for a single call during a
> call transfer because of this.

Am I right that this seems to be the same when calling a group of
(SIP) phones?

I'm calling Dial(Local/1&Local/2&Local/3&Local/4) now.
Each Local channel does some (MySQL) database to decide which
phone to call actually. Well, it seemed to work 99% of the time,
but these two calls crashed.

Is the Dial(Local/xxxx) command something one should avoid?

Udo