[asterisk-users] Reading/Writing the Astdb

cbbs70a at hotmail.com cbbs70a at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:48:33 CST 2009

Tzafrir;
   That's a really good idea, however, I am having problems getting it to work. I tried the following:

echo -n "asterisk -rx \"database put FOO BAR 1\" " | socat - /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl

and

echo -n "asterisk -rx \"database put FOO BAR 1\" " | socat - UNIX-CONNECT: /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl

both look like there was a connection to asterisk on the CLI, but no update. What am I missing? BTW; the difference between connecting to asterisk by doing a asterisk -rx "<cmd>" and doing it this way was > 500ms the first way and
7ms the second. Awesome.