[asterisk-users] Which policy for ISDN BRI support in NT/PtMP ?

Benoit maverick at maverick.eu.org
Mon Jan 26 07:53:51 CST 2009

Olivier a écrit :
> Anyway, according your own experience, how frequent is this PTP case ?
I can't say, i don't have any other experience than our own lines
> That's the point : as much as possible, we're trying to avoid any
> re-configuration of legacy equipment.
>
> So, how would you order TE/NT, PtP/PtMP combination starting from the
> most useful (for yourself) to the least one.
> For instance, myself, I would classify them like this :
> 1. TE PtMP (the most needed)
> 2. NT PtMP
> 3. TE PtP
> 4. NT PtP (the least needed)

As for me it is
    1. TE PtP
    2. NT PtP
    3. TE PtMP
    4. NT PtMP

At least until i encounter the need of a NT/TE PtMP setup.

But i don't understand your point, NT/TE PtP and TE PtMP seem to be
already implemented,
i fail to see the use of classify them, since the only missing is NT PtMP

You want NT PtMP and i second that, not being limited on the asterisk
side is a must in the
telephony ecosystem, since the legacy PABX aren't alwsys easy to
reconfigure.