[asterisk-users] Auto Detect

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jan 26 06:58:39 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 01:45:56PM +0100, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 05:24:03PM +0530, David @ULC wrote:
> >> Which command to run which will auto detect all hardwares present in the
> >> system ?
>
> > Hardware of what type?
>
> The OP clearly said *all* hardware. :-)

Most of your hardware is something a standard linux distro would handle.

* chan_alsa and chan_oss will then use whatever you defined through
  ALSA/OSS (and usually the distro does that for you)

* Likewise chan_consoles sees whatever pulseaudio sees, I believe.

* chan_vpb usually detects hardware automatically (in libvpb)

* chan_phone: no idea

* chan_misdn: should have something similar. I'm not familiar with it.

* chan_usbradio: I'm likewise completely unfamiliar with that.

So I guess I was close enough.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com