[asterisk-users] Which policy for ISDN BRI support in NT/PtMP ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Jan 26 04:09:35 CST 2009

2009/1/26 Stelios Koroneos <skoroneos at digital-opsis.com>

> > So my opinion is that these NT-PTMP is really and urgently needed,
> > especially if this TEI management is rather complex and therefore
> > would take a long time to develop and stabilize.
> > The alternative is to keep using those Patton, Quintum, etc ... boxes
> > which is not what we would prefer ;-))
> >

> As a quick alternative look at zaphfc and friends, but don't expect it
> to be "trouble-free".

Excuse me but I'm not sure I'm getting it.

What I had in mind is :
ISDN -----<BRI> ---- Asterisk with PCI board ----<BRI> --- Legacy PBX

For that, in countries where PTMP is the norm (is it ?) for small PBX (what
is a small PBX, I don't know), you both need TE PTMP and NT PTMP. Options
are Bristuff, mISDN, Dahdi (which now support BRI but NT PTMP is missing at
this time)

Alternative is use a box that support those 2 modes such as :
ISDN -----<BRI> ---- Patton box ----<BRI> --- Legacy PBX

                               Asterisk

So, Stelios, what is the "zaphfc and friends" you were referring to ?
By the way, do you mostly use TE PTMP or TE PTP ?

Regards