[asterisk-users] Using centos and kickstart to build a minimum installation

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 23:46:40 CST 2009

> Anyone done anything similar before that would care to share ?

Here is a snippet of our standard ks file for automated installs:

%packages --nobase
@core
sendmail
sendmail-cf
ntp
vixie-cron
crontabs
at
logrotate
telnet
bind-utils
lsof
wget
which
unzip
man
bc
nc
sharutils

# Up till now, just regular unix tools -- useful in a running system, not really
# required for running / building asterisk...

# The packages needed to build asterisk follow

gcc
ncurses-devel
libtermcap-devel
kernel-devel
gcc-c++
openssl-devel
newt-devel
zlib-devel
make
unixODBC-devel
libtool-ltdl-devel
sox

# sox is obviously "not needed" and unixODBC-devel +
libtool-ltdl-devel allowed us
# to have the ODBC funcs in asterisk... I'm not really sure why c++ is
there, I wouldn't
# say it's needed.

# Then, for mISDN we still have:

# needed For mISDN