[asterisk-users] dialplan/config basics - analog hangup on keypress

joea at j4computers.com joea at j4computers.com
Sun Jan 25 18:20:20 CST 2009

In my journey to resurrect my system and reacquaint myself with *, I am now at the point where I can dial in and answer with an analog phone.

A good time to record greetings.  So copied the appropriate (66xx stuff) from the asterisk manual (pg 299), into the dial plan, and restarted.   I am astonished to find that any keypress on the analog phone causes an immediate hangup.  This can be seen on CLI.

I must have left something out of the config, or dial plan, but cannot fathom what.

Thanks for any guidance.

joe a.