[asterisk-users] no dial tone tdm400p

Martin Lima ra25 at atlas.cz
Sun Jan 25 11:49:01 CST 2009

On Saturday 24 January 2009, joea at j4computers.com wrote:
> This is, hopefully, just a case of brain fade.
>
> With zapata.conf and zaptel.conf in place, asterisk loaded, no dial plan
> and all LEDS on the card lit, I get no dial tone, plugging an analog phone
> into ports 1 or 2, only a buzz and click.
Make sure you have FXS modules at 1,2 and remember they use FXO signalling in
config (yours looks fine for this case). Check if the wctdm and zaptel
modules are loaded into kernel. They don't load automatically after
compilation. Remeber to run ztcfg to configure init scripts.
#lsmod | grep wctdm
#lsmod | zaptel
If not, try to modprobe them and restart asterisk.

> zaptel.conf -
>
> defaultzone=us
> loadzone=us
> fxoks=1,2
> fxsks=3,4
channels=1-4 #you must have this to apply your settings to channels.

> zapata.conf
>
> [channels]
>
> signalling=fxo_ks
> language=us