[asterisk-users] Choppy Sound On Bridging From SIP->IAX

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 08:16:28 CST 2009

I had the same problem doing SIP -> IAX, 1.4.19.1 as well as the last 1.4.22

In my case I was trying to do FAX and the blips were breaking lots of
the faxes. My solution was to switch to T.38 over SIP and (cross my
fingers) the problems haven't came back so far.

I don't know the source of the problem, except that going to the
latest (at that time) 1.4 did not solve it. I did switch to 1.6
because I wanted to try out the new app_fax and I've been very pleased
with the results. But keep in mind I also dropped the SIP -> IAX
conversion at the same time, so I don't have a good data point. Now
you have me curious, and I think I'll try doing the SIP -> IAX
conversion just to see if 1.6 made it any better.

Maybe 1.6 would solve your problem too?