[asterisk-users] Choppy Sound On Bridging From SIP->IAX

Muiz Motani muiz at askaritech.com
Sat Jan 24 19:48:31 CST 2009

I am experiencing choppy sound when I bridge from a SIP peer to an IAX
peer. I am running Asterisk 1.4.13 on a 2.6.22.9 kernel (Fedora). I am
experiencing choppy sound from the SIP peer to the IAX peer but not
vice-versa. I know that this is not a bandwidth issue because I don't
have choppy sound (with the same codec) when bridging IAX->IAX peers or
SIP->SIP peers. My timing source is ztdummy.

Does anybody have any ideas on the possible source of the problem?

--
Muiz Motani <muiz at askaritech.com>
Askari Technologies