[asterisk-users] Passing DTMF

Christopher Gray chris at bayareadigital.us
Sat Jan 24 17:19:13 CST 2009

Hello:

Yes, DTMF can be a problem on the phones themselves as Sam observed, and inband
can help with this in certain situations.  I have DTMF working internally in my
pbx just fine though.

The problem here is transmitting dtmf from my pbx through a carrier to a party
who has phoned into my pbx through that carrier.  I have this working on
VoicePulse but only about 75% of the time.  VoicePulse has indicated to me via
Support that they know this is a flaw in their system and someday they plan to
fix it, but no commitment about when.

So my question is:  Does anybody know of a carrier who handles DTMF correctly,
particularly in situations where my pbx is called externally?

Thanks.

Chris