[asterisk-users] NAT router for Linux

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Jan 24 14:25:15 CST 2009

The short answer to your question--assuming it is the right question to
be asking--is that Linux comes with a built-in NAT infrastructure as
part of its packet filter ("netfilter").  The utility "iptables" is used
to manage it.  Simple example:

   echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
   iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQUERADE