[asterisk-users] Having tone in my fxs, and loading the zaptel

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 12:45:23 CST 2009

Hi List;

If any one faced the following problem and can help me:

My zaptel version is: 1.4.10.1
My asterisk version is: 1.4.19.1

OS: Fedora core 8

I used make config for the initialization script.

Now, sometimes when the hardware restarted, we discovered that no tone in the handset connected to the fxs ports. And sometimes it work normally, no rule.

To resolve it, I stop asterisk and then I type modprob -r wctdm and then I restart the machine using init 6 , and sometimes it come up and somtimes I repeat this twice to come up, so what could be the issue?

I know that make config is making a problem, but could it be my problem related to using make config? So I have to write the init script? If yes, I need a link to know how to write the init script manually for my digium and other cards, I do not know what is the needed lines need to be added.

Also, could it be a bug related to zaptel driver so I have to download new drivers?

Actually, I would like to hear if anyone face this problem and how he resolved it, so I can move based on that.

Regards
Bilal