[asterisk-users] NAT router for Linux

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:04:31 CST 2009

If you set the 'bindaddr'  to your private IP address, the Gtalk
connection from your Asterisk server to my Gtalk client (running on
Windows) works fine. That's at least what we've tested together
Julien, right?

If the STUN packets are properly exchanged between Asterisk and the
Gtalk client you're trying to communicate with, there should not be
any problem.

The thing is that you and I did not test the Asterisk - NAT box -
Internet - NAT -box - Gtalk client since my Gtalk client had a public
IP. I don't advise you to purchase a NAT router to test this scenario
though.

Philippe

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>   This is my problem: I try to do gtalk, but my asterisk server uses the local
> IP 127.0.0.1 or perhaps the 192.168.*.*.
>   Now I've heard, that a NAT router can help there. I was told it's the way
> the windows-world does the trick, when they sit behind a
> router/phonebox/modem. Does anyone know a good software that will do the trick
> on Linux? I'm running Debian Lenny and one important thing: I can't use a GUI
> to configure anything.
>   Any help is highly apreciated!
>   Kindest regards
>           Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======