[asterisk-users] Reading/Writing the Astdb

cbbs70a at hotmail.com cbbs70a at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 24 10:00:58 CST 2009

All;
   I have a question regarding the Astdb. When reading more than a few values, it can
take quite a while to grab several
values in the astdb using say, asterisk -rx "database show" >
output.txt and work with that and then set a new value such as asterisk
-rx "database put $key $value". The whole process can take over 1
second for EACH ENTRY which adds up for more than a few keys.

What I do now is dump the entire Astdb using "db_dump185" in about
0.003 ms, and then read the entire Astdb output as a hash and then
manipulate key, value pairs that way. The entire process will take me
less than 0.020 ms total.

My problem is this. I am unable to find a corresponding way of doing
this in reverse. That is, I do not have a corresponding way to write
the new values back to the Astdb. The most obvious way of writing to
the Astdb is by using PERL's DB_File. I tried compiling DB_File using
the Berkeley 1.85 lib and header to no avail. I've had no luck with
db_load either. Any insight at all to write many values to the Astdb quickly would be greatly appreciated.
Regards;