[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 T38 to G711 transcoding is this possible?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:59:18 CST 2009

2009/1/17 Steve Gladden <asterisk at michiganbroadband.com>

> The scenario we have is fax send/recieve software that ONLY talks T38
> and an asterisk box.
>
> We have ITSP providers that do NOT talk T38 but G711 only.

As you're using an IP connection, chances are you'll get issues with faxing
if you don't use a protocol such as T38.
Maybe a fax2mail provider would be able to port one of your DIDs and provide
parts of what you're looking for ?

With pure IP connections, you'll either receive T38 calls or emails.
If you're receiving faxes converted to emails and need to print them to fax
machine (worst case), then you'll need to add a T38-compliant faxserver ...

Hope this helps ...