[asterisk-users] Packet8 hacked

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Jan 23 08:18:23 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Michael <michael at networkstuff.co.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:13:22 Peter Evans wrote:
>> >
>> > Looks like a normal website to me (from the UK). I'd check that the DNS
>> > servers you're using haven't been hacked...
>
> Fine from New Zealand too.

Fine using AT&T's (at least I think they belong to AT&T) DNS servers
(Also do NTP).  I will make this thread useful to someone.

Listed below because they are easy to remember and have never failed
me even when a customer's ISP's DNS is down, I get the call "Our
Internet is Down" but they can ping my servers by IP.  Also, can
"speed up" complaints of a slow network (if DNS lookups are the reason
for the slowness.

4.2.2.1
4.2.2.2
4.2.2.3