[asterisk-users] Root Password not taking

Max Brooks max at legatio.com
Thu Jan 22 10:32:24 CST 2009

Jim Dickenson wrote:
> What I have done in the past to set the password for root is to boot
> in rescue mode and edit /etc/shadow setting the password to some know
> value from another system.
> --
> Jim Dickenson
> mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com
>
> CfMC
> http://www.cfmc.com/

I personally prefer to chroot into the / partition and run passwd.

--
Kind Regards
Max Brooks - Developer

Legatio Technologies Limited

Phone: 01793 520 506

www.legatio.com, www.ftax.co.uk

Legatio is part of the Callcredit Information Group: www.skipton.com, www.callcredit.co.uk, www.eurodirect.co.uk

Legatio Technologies Limited,
One Park Lane,
Leeds,
West Yorkshire,
LS3 1EP
Registered in England and Wales No. 4519902