[asterisk-users] Zap connection problem

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Jan 22 08:28:18 CST 2009

Greetings all,

                    I'm trying to connect to an AT&T teleconference, but the
call is never marked as ANSWERED by asterisk and therefore won't bridge and
continue.  The only work-around I've come up with so far is to dial like
this:

Exten => 744,1,Dial(Zap/g1,,p)

The "private" mode keeps the line open without trying to do a bridge, but
requires the other end to press one to continue the call (obviously
unacceptable).  Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Here is my Zapata.conf file

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

;context=from-zaptel

;context=line1

busydetect=yes

callprogress=yes

busycount=4

hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

usecallingpres=yes

priindication=outofband

signalling=fxs_ks

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

faxdetect=yes

rxgain=1.0

txgain=21.0

callgroup=1

group=1

usecallerid=yes

callerid=asreceived

hidecallerid=no

immediate=yes

pickupgroup=1

useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes

;context=incoming

channel => 1-4

my zaptel.conf

# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit

# Zaptel Configuration File

#

# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg

#

# It must be in the module loading order

# Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1" (MASTER)

fxsks=1-4

# Global data

loadzone        = us

defaultzone     = us

my features.confparkext => 200                  ; What extension to dial to
park

parkpos => 701-704              ; What extensions to park calls on. These
needs to be

context => parkedfeat           ; Which context parked calls are in

parkingtime => 20               ; Number of seconds a call can be parked for

courtesytone = beep             ; Sound file to play to the parked caller

parkedplay = caller             ; Who to play the courtesy tone to when
picking up a parked call

;adsipark = yes                 ; if you want ADSI parking announcements

findslot => next                ; Continue to the 'next' free parking space.

;parkedmusicclass=default       ; This is the MOH class to use for the
parked channel

                                ; using Set(CHANNEL(musicclass)=whatever) in
the dialplan

;transferdigittimeout => 3      ; Number of seconds to wait between digits
when transferring a call

;xfersound = beep               ; to indicate an attended transfer is
complete

;xferfailsound = beeperr        ; to indicate a failed transfer

;pickupexten = *8               ; Configure the pickup extension. (default
is *8)

featuredigittimeout = 1500      ; Max time (ms) between digits for

;atxfernoanswertimeout = 15     ; Timeout for answer on attended transfer
default is 15 seconds.

blindxfer => #1         ; Blind transfer  (default is #)

;disconnect => *0               ; Disconnect  (default is *)

automon => *1                   ; One Touch Record a.k.a. Touch Monitor

atxfer => *2                    ; Attended transfer

;parkcall => #72                ; Park call (one step parking)

;    Set(__DYNAMIC_FEATURES=myfeature1#myfeature2#myfeature3)

;<FeatureName> =>
<DTMF_sequence>,<ActivateOn>[/<ActivatedBy>],<Application>[,<AppArguments>[,
MOH_Class]]

testfeature => #9,peer,Playback,tt-monkeys  ;Allow both the caller and
callee to play

pauseMonitor   => #1,self/callee,Pausemonitor     ;Allow the callee to pause
monitoring

unpauseMonitor => #3,self/callee,UnPauseMonitor   ;Allow the callee to
unpause monitoring