[asterisk-users] Incoming fax detection on mISDN hfcmulti B410P card

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 07:55:51 CST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to know what's the most "popular" method for automatic fax/voice detection for incoming calls on mISDN cards such as the B410P (hfcmulti).

I'm running:
kernel 2.6.17
misdn 1.1.3
asterisk 1.4.21.2
B410P card
I'm using iaxmodem and hylafax with asterisk (the setup works for zap channels).

I've used the following options in /etc/asterisk/misdn.conf:
[MY-ISDN]
context=isdn-custom
ports=1,2,3,4
msns=*
faxdetect=both
faxdetect_context=fax-custom

However, when I receive a fax on one of the ISDN ports, the Asterisk CLI shows that the call is placed into the "isdn-custom" context instead of "fax-custom".

With misdn debug on, I can see:
P[ 1] faxdetect: detecting ...
I even placed a Wait(5) in the isdn-custom context which only increased the number of "faxdetect" messages until it times out (default 5 seconds).

What can I try to make my mISDN card auto-detect faxes?

Thanks.

Vieri