[asterisk-users] SIP realtime status...

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Jan 22 06:27:04 CST 2009

Carlos Chavez schrieb:
> 	Since 1.4.22 realtime status for sip peers seems to be broken.  If I do
> a "sip show peers" from the CLI I get this:
>
> 2001/2001                  192.168.2.234    D          5060     UNKNOWN
> Cached RT
>
> 	It is arbitrary which peers will say OK and which will say UNKNOWN and
> it changes over time.

> This used to work fine until 1.4.21
> so why did it break and why wasn't it fixed on 1.4.23?  This only
> happens when using realtime peers, static peers will always show the
> proper status.

It might be related to this issue (thread in German)
http://www.mail-archive.com/gemeinschaft-users@lists.amooma.de/msg00083.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/gemeinschaft-users@lists.amooma.de/msg00152.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/gemeinschaft-users@lists.amooma.de/msg00153.html
etc.

Several people, including me, have confirmed that since Asterisk
1.4.22 you get hundreds (probably depends on the number of SIP
peers/users) of SQL queries per second and the CLI is being flooded
with
---cut---
[Oct  8 12:22:56] NOTICE[2487]: chan_sip.c:16223 sip_poke_noanswer: Peer
'8280' is now UNREACHABLE!  Last qualify: 0
---cut---
leading to 100 % CPU usage.

1.4.21.2 didn't have the problem.

   Philipp Kempgen