[asterisk-users] Help with Avaya integration

Steven J. Douglas stevend at moij.biz
Thu Jan 22 03:05:37 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my asterisk PBX to an Avaya PBX. I am using
chan_ooh323 from asterisk-addons.

I am able to make a call from SIP Phone -> Asterisk -> Avaya -> Station
(phone) and vice versa.
I am also able to make a call from SIP Phone -> Asterisk -> Avaya -> PSTN.

However I face problems when I make DID calls from the PSTN. The DID
calls are made through analog DID lines to the TN753 on the Avaya. When
I make the call, I can hear ringing on the caller phone (PSTN) and the
SIP Phone rings. But when I pick up the SIP Phone, the caller phone
remains in ringing mode. On the SIP Phone, I hear random sound.

I did a packet capture and on the Q.931 setup information header, under
Progress Indicator, the call is not end-to-end ISDN. So it seems that
the SIP answer message is not being communicated properly to the Avaya
PBX. Can this be the cause of the problem?

Has anyone encountered this problem and what is your solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Steve